What's Trinity like?
THE PEOPLE OF TRINITY
Our members and attendees range from business people to teachers to retirees- you name it, we probably have it here! We are not flashy, we're just regular people seeking to follow Christ. Join us on a journey of growth, where we affirm the reality that the universe is truly centered on God and his plans. You don't need to worry about being formal or business casual- dress as you feel comfortable. You may see suits and dresses, as well as jeans or shorts. We're just glad you're here!
The reason the church exists is to praise and glorify God in all we do: The goal is to focus on Him; not ourselves. Our intent is to elevate and honor God's Son in the minds and hearts of those who gather in His name. When that truly happens, many other great things happen too. We love our church family, and we're in this together!
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We're a Southern Baptist Church, and we think it's important to affirm our evangelical beliefs:
- The Scriptures were written by men inspired by God and are God's revelation of Himself to man.
- There is one and only one living and true God. He reveals Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal characteristics but without division of His nature, essence, or being.
- Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image: male and female. Every person of every race is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- All people fall short of God's Laws; not one is "good enough" for heaven. The actions of people have caused a break in our relationship to God that we can not bridge or repair by our own efforts.
- Only God is able to bridge the gap. As John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." God chose to suffer the penalty himself for our misdeeds.
- Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. It is an act of obedience symbolizing: the believer's faith in a crucified, buried and risen Savior; the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
Click here to go to the Southern Baptist Convention's website for more information on what Baptists believe.
Reach out to a pastor, elder, or deacon for more information anytime, and we'd love to chat with you!